Today I played around with Doodler some more. It is still far from complete, but I fixed the issue with the program not exiting correctly. I also restructured the code to make its style a bit more object-oriented. I am excited to keep adding functionality to this program. There's so much more potential to it, and I'm learning a lot about Java user interface in the process.
Another, bigger update: I pushed my first Git repository on Github! My source is now downloadable publicly for doodler and I can't wait to add more. While Git is pretty simple to use from the command line, I tried to implement it through Eclipse which was more of a challenge. I eventually got it working, and it should be very convenient to upload my source.
That's all for today, it feels great to have a central place to compile (haha) all my programming materials.